ATTENTION: CFO / Controllers /
Are you a seasoned professional who is tired of the same
month-end close, the same accounting issues and the same accounting staff to
manage year after year?
We have the solution for you! Join our expanding Client Accounting Services
team and revitalize your career with Miller Cooper & Co., LTD., a public
accounting firm serving entrepreneurial, middle market businesses. We are the
11th largest firm in Chicago and we are currently seeking a Client
Accounting Services professional to perform accounting services for our clients
in a Controller/CFO capacity.
The challenge and variety of your assignments will be just
the boost you need to remain engaged and excited about your accounting career! We
offer a choice of two offices and the flexibility of full or part-time
If you wish you were more excited about going to work every
day, please respond – we would love to talk with you.
Responsibilities might include, but are not limited to:
- Direct, monitor and execute the daily accounting functions of the company, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and inventory accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop and implement best practices in accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare / review financial statements and reporting package, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow. Investigate variances and trends.
- Perform/orchestrate month end closings.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Knowledge of basic legal concepts/contracts.
- Monthly bank reporting/credit compliance.
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Oversee the HR function.