**Miller Cooper is conducting this search. Please do NOT contact organization directly.**
BUILD: Senior Accountant (full-time, 40 hours, Exempt)
BUILD engages at-risk youth in the school and on the streets so they can realize their educational and career potential and contribute to the stability, safety, and well-being of our communities. Since 1969, BUILD has worked in Chicago’s toughest neighborhoods giving at-risk youth alternatives to the violence that takes away their potential. BUILD’s nationally-recognized model of positive youth development redirects risky behavior and helps youth lead fulfilling, successful, and productive lives.
The Senior Accountant will oversee and manage the day-to-day accounting operations of the agency. She/he will maintain agency’s accounting records and internal controls in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and prepare timely financial statements on a monthly basis. She/he reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Directs all financial activities, including general ledger, accounts payable/receivable, purchasing, payroll, bank reconciliations, audit prep, insurance and tax reports and planning and monitoring of cash flow.
- Prepares annual budget in coordination with directors.
- Develops agency-wide budgets and inputs approved budget into accounting system.
- Generates and presents monthly fiscal reports to the Director of Finance and Administration; reports will include revenue and expense reports, cash position and variances against budget.
- Ensures adherence to internal fiscal quality control systems throughout the agency (an internal audit, efficiency role).
- Performs month-end closing process; issues pre-determined financial reporting package.
- Additional hands-on bookkeeping duties, as necessary.
Grants Compliance Duties:
- Ensure that fiscal requirements for grants and contracts are identified, realized and monitored.
- Oversee or Provides guidance to the Development staff in the preparation of periodic reports to funding sources.
- Oversees the reporting of outstanding funding receivables, on a grant-by-grant basis.
- Supervises the monitoring of all contracts to ensure compliance with fiscal and programmatic reporting.
- Works closely with Director of Finance and Administration on completion of the annual agency-wide audit.
- Prepares supporting schedules as necessary.
- Coordinates and oversees government agency and other outside audits.
- Supervise Fiscal Manager, Fiscal Coordinator and Finance Clerk.
- Attend all BUILD staff meetings, department meetings and other required meetings, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned