**Miller Cooper is conducting this search on behalf of our client.**
Mid-size painting contractor seeking an accountant; the position will be based out of Schaumburg, IL
The Accountant will work hand in hand with another accountant and two administrative assistants and will report directly to the Controller of the Company.
An ideal candidate will have experience in a role within a construction environment processing in house payroll.
In addition to duties list below, the accountant will also be working with the accounting team, led by the Controller in transitioning the Company over to a new comprehensive software system, called Computer Ease. Tech savviness and a willing/drive to improve current procedures using technology available is HIGHLY DESIREABLE.
The accountant will mostly be handling the following duties:
- Payroll (processed in house, weekly) and union reporting
- Cash management and deciding which bills to pay from week to week
- Actual payment of vendor invoices, cutting checks, remitting ACH’s, ensuring discounts are taken and payments received timely
- Accounts receivable collections, including follow up calls, documenting notes from client calls, and tracking liens; Cash application of all AR payments and handling bank deposits
- Job Costing/Client Billing as it mostly relates to labor
- Waiver administration