Founded in 1919, Miller Cooper is the 11th largest accounting firm in the Chicago area. Our 320+ professionals provide accounting, tax, due diligence, IT, retirement plan and business consulting services to middle market and entrepreneurial companies in a variety of industries, as well as government entities, public school districts and nonprofit organizations.
Miller Cooper is committed to providing service of the highest technical and professional standards, as well as personal attention and timeliness. To assure that our service meets the needs and expectations of our clients, we provide post-engagement surveys. These surveys help us provide our clients with the highest quality service. During 2017, Miller Cooper received a net promoter score of 90% from our clients.
Looking for a senior with experience and interested in further developing their expertise in the Governmental Services group. Client work would focus on serving public school districts, municipalities and other local governments. Training is provided both formally upon hire, as well as consistently while on the job and attending industry specific conferences and seminars. Every employee has a Performance Manager who will meet with you quarterly (at a minimum!) to discuss your personal career development. We are looking for professionals who want a career in public accounting, strive to grow within the firm, and love a laid back and fun culture!
While Audit Seniors spend a high percentage of time at the client site, 100% of our client base is located in Chicagoland, so no overnight travel is required and employees maintain a great work/life balance. We also allow all employees to choose to sit in either of our offices- Chicago or Deerfield.
Main responsibilities include:
- Conduct and supervise all aspects of field work in audit and accounting engagements
- Supervise staff accountants and prepare staff evaluation reports
- Complete all financial statements and special services
- Review all workpapers and financial statements before submission to manager/principal for further review
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients and prepare management advisory letters
- Plan engagements including preparation of audit programs and time budgets to achieve quality and efficiency goals
- Coordinate industry specific CPEs and development of knowledge tools
- Other duties as assigned