Founded in 1919, Miller Cooper is the 11th largest accounting firm in the Chicago area. Our 320+ professionals provide accounting, tax, due diligence, IT, retirement plan and business consulting services to middle market and entrepreneurial companies in a variety of industries, as well as government entities, public school districts and nonprofit organizations.
Miller Cooper is committed to providing service of the highest technical and professional standards, as well as personal attention and timeliness. To assure that our service meets the needs and expectations of our clients, we provide post-engagement surveys. These surveys help us provide our clients with the highest quality service. During 2017, Miller Cooper received a net promoter score of 90% from our clients.
- Deliver a full range of State and Local Tax services including tax return preparation and review, tax research, preparation of technical memorandums, drafting client correspondence, and counseling client in defending against state audits.
- Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated or complex State and Local tax returns.
- Oversee multi-disciplinary, multi-state reviews that analyze income, franchise, sales and use and others to identify optimal filing options, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures that can reduce the client's tax burden.
- Consult, work with, and service client to make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a business adviser to client.
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Capable of effective managing a team of tax professionals and delegating work assignments as needed
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with the ability to maintain a large number of client relationships
- Ability to encourage team environment on engagements and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels and develop and mentor other team members